What difference might choosing to smile make in your relationship? Have your eyes stopped lighting up when you see each other? Perhaps it is time to experiment with putting a little positive energy back into your relationship.
There is interesting research, which has found a correlation between higher divorce rates and lack of smiles in childhood photos. I wonder if those who looked unhappy in their childhood photos, may have developed the habit of not letting their smiles out. Although we do not know why those who smile in childhood photos are more likely to have lasting relationships, perhaps it is as simple as they smile more often at their partner.
Smile, it may save your marriage. Below are some possible ways to share smiles and bring smiles to your partner’s face.
- Look your partner in the eyes and smile before you go to bed. Saying, “I love you” is also acceptable.
- Smile at your partner before you get out of bed in the morning.
- Say thank you for something your partner has done. Show genuine appreciation.
- Listen carefully to your partner. Smile with your eyes.
- Show interest in your partner and celebrate their accomplishments.
- Hug regularly. Smile inside as you do.
- Let your eyes sparkle. Wink and flirt.
Choose to smile and enjoy spending time together. When you smile at your partner, it is likely that they will return the smile, adding positive energy to your relationship. Filling your relationship with positive energy may mean that you will have a healthy long-lasting relationship.